Tuesday, December 16, 2008

My 3rd Advent

took place in an bavarian restaurant called "Zum Schneider" with german service, german Weissbier and Gluehwein. They invited to a Christmas Caroling at 1pm. And we had a lot of fun singing german weihnachtslieder with american guys :)) They were so excited to sing on this afternoon. It was amazing to watch and listen. Some songs we first sang in german and after this one more time in english. Sometimes - many didn't knew wether the German nor the English text *hihi*
But after the first Weissbier or Gluehwein it doesn't matters ^^
For lunch I had my first O'Baza (unter Obatzda findet man's dann auch im Netz ^^): It's different kind of cheese with some bred. Well, it was ok but next time I'll have Sauerkraut this tastes much better ;)
The band was great. The two guys played accordeon and guitar and made a great show :)
See the following pictures:
2008-12-14 Christmas Caroling

At 9pm I had to leave because I was out of money. On my way home I discovered the Manhattan Bridge and the arc standing in front of and filled a whole film. We'll see how pictures look like if they are developed :)

Größere Kartenansicht
At home the boyfriend of my roommate offered me a very delicious drink made of some fat milk, rum, liqueur and cinnamon. We had a great discussion about life in general and in particular.
All in all it was a great day. At least I had a wonderful ICQ-conversation in the morning, lasting about 3 hours :) so i went to work on monday morning and had a smile all over the face the whole day cause of the great weekend.
Enjoy the last week before Santa Claus is coming.
Btw - my Santa was here today for the first time and delivered a paket from Amazon-Germany. I was able to figure out that it was from my lovely dad, but I didn't open it yet ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My 4th Advent? Dass ihr 6h zu früh seid, wusste ich ja schon. Aber nun auch noch ne zusätzliche Woche? XD

borkus said...

Sei bedankt fuer diesen sachdienlichen Hinweis :-*
Maybe you can start over to take a picture of your advent calendar ;)

Valeri Wiegel said...

*kopfschüttel*
markus, was soll nur aus dir werden, wenn du schon 3 und 4 nicht mehr auseinanderhalten kannst???

aber du hattest ja immerhin deutsche weihnachtslieder in einer deutschen atmosphäre. da beneide ich dich drum. wir haben zwar einen deutschen weihnachtsmarkt hier (der glaub schon wieder weg ist), aber daneben gibt es nur eine bar, die viele deutsche biere anbietet. was deutscheres findet man hier nicht mehr...

borkus said...

@Valeri
Wie kommst du auf nicht mehr? *grinz* Hab doch nich umsonst Mathe studiert *lol*
Naja, deutsche Atmo muss nicht unbedingt sein - mit kam's hauptsaechlich auf die Weihnachtsstimmung an, naja ok - eigentlich auf das Bier ^^ Aber die domestic Biersorten sind auch nicht zu verachten - und in den vielen Pubs gibt es auch gutes irisches :)