Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Brief news

As a member of Bank of America you are allowed to visit some museums in the USA for free on every first weekend a year - some of them, like the American Museum of Natural History, the Metropolitan Museum of Arts and the Museum in the International Center of Photography are in New York. These I visited on saturday and sunday. I liked the Museum of Photography most. The pictures were very impressive and touching. Furthermore I liked it because I saw what you can do without using photoshop and such kind of tools. That motivated me ome more time to continue to take photos with my SLR EOS 300. But these you will just see if you meet me in person one day, because they are non-digital ;)
Following some impressions from the AMNH
2008-12-07 Museum of Natural History

In Please give attention to my spleen for Spongebob Squarepants *hihi*
Catching the scallop you can see in this video is one of his extrem hobbies ^^


On sunday evening I was to a concert of Nada Surf. There were two pre-bands. both I like very very much - although I listened to their music the first time. The bands were Bear Hands and Delta Spirit. The music was sooo awesome. The floor of the Webster Hall was made of wood which carries the sound, specifically the basses, really really good. Most of the time I was not able to swallow because the uvula (or Zaepfchen in german) in the throat went up and down all the time and made it really hart to swallow. my whole body felt like a big beat box all the time. It was amazing :) Well, how ever, today I have pain in my throat - maybe I'm getting a cold or it's because of the concert. Comments please :)
Matthew, the singer of Nada Surf gave a short privat concert with hbis guitar after the real one. He's a pretty nice guy. Really down-to-earth and very likeable.
Feel free to watch some pictures:
2008-12-07 Nada Surf in Webster Hall

The picture of the month is this one. I toke it in the Museum of American History. I like the intention of the first sentence.

I name it: One sentence - two meanings

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Refering to Dr. House it is not the thumb, which distinguished us from animals, but the opportunity to lie and the appreciation to die! *Hey, that rhymes! XD*