Saturday, February 21, 2009

I very proudly present

pictures taken with my Canon EOS 300. I collected 6 films so far and wanted to wait for development till I'm back in Germany. But 3 days ago I looked at the film boxes and got very excited about the undeveloped pictures. I wanted to see them so badly that I decided to get them developed. So I finished work early on Wednesday and went to Duane Reade at Port Authority. The girl working there was very happy to get six films at once. After I picked them up today, I could understand why she was so happy. Two reasons: I payed $91.06 for developing, index print, one printed picture and a photo CD for the 6 films. (Well, I know I wrote some weeks ago that I want to scan them by myself, but after I saw the pictures I was glad that I invested the $2.99 per film) 90 bucks are nearly one fifth of a new Digital Singe Lens Reflex (DSLR) at Circuit City (going out of business these days so they offer about 30% discount (excluding discount caused by a strong Euro)) But as always in the last month, the problem is having the money at one time. Taking a credit is not worth it for now, not if you already got a big credit line from some friends for being able to go to NYC...
The second reason, especially why she was so friendly today while picking up the pictures was maybe that she was very excited about some pictures. It's not like in Germany where they ship the films to a big laboratory. Here they have their machines right in the shop, so you can pic them up an hour or a day later. I thought about to offer her some pictures but i didn't. Maybe cause I was shocked by the price ;)
After picking up the pictures I went to McDonalds on Times Square and had the Medium Angus Beacon & Cheese Meal with Coke. I finished it in 5 minutes. On the one hand cause I was very hungry because I didn't had much to eat during the day and on the other hand because I wanted to get the one hundred bucks full. No, not really. Maybe I was upset with the noodles I already had the last 2 days and were waiting in the fridge again today...
I uploaded some pictures I took on Christmas, while walking downtwon along the East River,just walking through town and from Jersey City looking to Manhattan. Please feel free to leave some comments under the pictures. You don't have to register, German is allowed of course and critics are always highly appreciated. Just maximize the pictures by clicking the box ot comment by clicking the small speech balloon in the lower left corner:-)
Anyway, there aren't that many pictures I'm ashamed of like on the films from last year. But especially with my new focal length lens I need some more practice because it's not that easy to deal with the bigger aperture (Blendenoeffnung). Nevertheless I'm very happy about the quality of some pictures. I can't describe the feeling having pictures of 6 films in your hand and beeing so highly excited before fetching out the next pic :D
And now please enjoy it some of the pics:

2 comments:

Valeri Wiegel said...

Markus, die Bilder sind super! Kritik daran hab ich keine. Ich kritisiere nur, was nach meiner Ansicht fehlt: Leben. Beispiel: das lustige Polizei-"Auto", also die kleinen Dinge des Alltags.

Nichtsdestotrotz komm ich mir mit meiner Handy-Cam jetzt sehr mickrig vor =)

borkus said...

Wenn man genau hinschaut sieht man dass in dem polizei "Auto" jemand drnsitzt ;)
Aber Recht haste schon, an menschen hab ich mich bis jetzt noch nicht so rangetraut, und die die ich habe hab ich nicht hochgeladen *gg*
Hab aber gestern mit Eichhoernchen im Central Park angefangen. Werd mich jetzt langsam die Fresskette hocharbeiten^^ *lol*