Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sunshine in NY

Today was a beautiful day. The sun was shining, the sky was blue- and the air was freakin' cold. But I had my earpads with me, so the wind could blow through my hair and although I was not cold. Ok,I was a bit cold, but it was ok because the skyline and the area of Lower west Manhattan between 42nd/12th Ave und World Financial Center was awesome. See link below for more impressions:

2008-11-23 Lower West Manhattan

I've to say that I don't like the pictures that much - they donÄt show exactly how the atmosphaere was. But I made some pictures with my Canon, too so one day you will see some really good ones - I promise :)
I saw the Statue of Liberty the first time in my life -ok, she was very far away but I saw her :-P And the telescope which wa sinstalled on one peer was for free - in contrast to the ones standing around in Germany ;-)
I was very angry about myself because I lost my tripod at home. Next time I will take it with me, even if I should think that I wouldn't need it....
I planned to go to a concert in Brooklyn this evening,but I canceled it because of non-existing money :-( So I had some music at home - in combination with a half chicken I bought very cheap in my favorite store on Broadway: Fairways.
I hope i read some comments from you guys ;-) Would make me very happy :-)

Cyaz


5 comments:

paul said...

Na endlich mal die Freiheitsstatue, hoffentlich hast du einen Gruß von mir bestellt :-o
Übrigens, falls Du ein Auto suchst, das DHL-Auto sollte günstig zu bekommen sein, da die Post ja einen Rückzieher im Amiland macht :-))
Also dann viel Spass noch beim Entdecken, P.

borkus said...

Um ehrlich zu sein ahbe ich manchmal Schwierigkeiten P. und borni auseinanderzuhalten ;)
Darum denk ich mir jedesmal wen von euch beiden der da hinter stecken koennte *grinz*
Mit der Muehle faellt man sicher auf - ist allerdings nicht zu empfehlen da der anner Seite offen ist und es somit derbe zieht ^^

Anonymous said...

Man you have it good! Hardly to believe! Today morning I had to scratch the wind-protect-window because of 2 centimeters of snow on it! Also it is ass-cold. At least 2 centimeters under zero XD Boah... Sorry! I shame me in ground and floor, my english is under all pig! (*join us*) CYA

Valeri Wiegel said...

Mit frieren habe ich bei mir noch nicht viel am Hut! Nur der Wind reisst einem manchmal die Kleider vom Leib. Kombiniert mit der knappen Kleidung der weiblichen Bevölkerung wäre das sehr wünschenswert.
Man braucht eben Träume!

Unsere Geldbeutel scheinen sich sehr zu ähneln. Eine andere deutsche Studentin, die auch in NY war, hat einen Vergleich zwischen Edinburgh und NY gezogen. Sie meint, dass man für Nahrung relativ ähnlich viel ausgibt (wenn man nicht beim Lidl einkauft! =)

Die Fotos sind super! Und den Tipp mit dem DHL Auto würde ich möglichst umsetzen. Wie cool wäre das denn???! Und ich glaube, der würde dir sehr stehen!!!

borkus said...

ich wuerde mit Vergnuegen das verseuchte Lidl-foot kaufen - nur hab ich leider noch keinen gefunden....
Und das mit dem Auto sehe ich NICHT als Kompliment :-P Aber ich koennt ja nen Stern vorne dran beppen und BlueTec draufschreiben *hihi*
So, ich bin dann mal Fruehstuecken ^^
Oder um es mit den Worten von da bongo zu sagen: I will have early pieces *rrofl*